Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Focus RS & Focus Cosworth - How much are you willing to pay?
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2003, 02:04 AM   #53
sydneyzetec
fOCUS Zetec 2.0

Fan#: 365
What I Drive: 2002 Focus Zetec - Machine Silver - 3 door

FF Reputation: 1 sydneyzetec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
as I've posted before, this issue will never rest as long as they sell the Focus as cheaply as they do in the States. In Europe it's a premium car and people pay that much and there is no way on Earth unless ford US takes a loss on the car that you'll get it a dollar cheaper than they sell it in Europe. It's sad and it's also the reason we don't get it in Oz. But yes as you are all seemingly crying out, for anybody to accept a Focus RS equivalent, say an SVT Turbo Focus built in the USA, it would have to cost well under the $30k mark. That's what we've all been asking for here in Australia, for a locally made version too. If not, then just move to London or Brussels or something... In my mind it's worth it for the car. Sure is a sexy beast.
2002 Machine Silver Zetec 2.0L, Manual 3 door, ST170 Suspension, 17" ST170 Wheels, ST170 front grille, ST170 interior handles, Genuine Ford Alloy & Leather Gearknob & Handbrake, ST170 clear side indicators, Electric Blue Zetec floor mats