Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2014 European Focus!
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 03:40 AM  
unida767
Sonic Mk3 Crew #08

Fan#: 95574
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Powershift SEP

FF Reputation: 10 unida767 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Your salesman is lying again, the European built models with the American 2.0 L GDI engine use the same dry dual clutch transmission built in Mexico as the U.S. assembled models. It's been confirmed by Unida767 from his German built MK3 in Australia.

The DCT is generally not a problem, and I put over 15k miles on one with no issues, my brother over 36k miles to date without an issue, but it's not assembled in Germany or Europe.
Hey that's familiar Ben (as always) is correct and as is the nature of the internet there's complaint threads out here about the transmission too. On both German builds and subsequent Thai builds. LINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
I think you're missing what we're saying. They aren't importing the European Focus due to the DCT because it's the exact same DCT as the North American models. Your salesman that initially told you that either lied or doesn't actually know the truth. But I'm sure that he wants a sale.

With that being said, I would rather have a European Focus over the North American models, simply for the addition of adaptive cruise and some of the trim piece differences. I just wouldn't be under the illusion that the import swap was due to 'DCT problems' and understand that it is motivated by some other financial reason.

If the DCT was as bad of a product as led to be believed by the forum then Ford would have already yanked it and replaced it with something else. Not to say that the DCT is perfect or that some owners don't have issues, but the problem is only amplified here on the forum due to the number of people that aren't complaining and/or aren't on the site. There have been hundreds of thousands of Mk3 Foci sold, and when you take that into consideration the amount of people that have had problems is a pretty small percentage.
Agree with this 100% Duane is right.

I think it's odd you don't get the MK2 Version we get now and they also get in Thailand, China etc.
No reverse camera? No painted rear valence and skirts.

Part number for non-textured rear valence with exhaust opening is BM51-17A894-FBXWAA

SC#8 HN168
uɐıןɐɹʇs,