Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Wall Street Journal Article -DCT
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 11:04 PM  
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88299
Location: Torrance, CA
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

Posts: 2,660
FF Reputation: 8 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybarman View Post
Just wait for summer. 2014 owners have only driven theirs in the cold so far, and yes, it does make a difference. Also, the number of complaints from 2014 owners are likely lower because there are fewer 2014 owners and they have driven fewer miles overall. I do not believe any magic fix was implemented between 2013 and 2014.
My point was this: If someone is claiming that Ford still needs to fix the DCT, it is clearly implying that there are still issues with the (current) clutch assembly and/or firmware.

How could that person know exactly what the current issues are with the DCT that Ford hasn't addressed (at this point in time) unless they have inside knowledge (i.e. they are a Ford executive or engineer).

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavsine View Post
Kabigon, I give you a hard time but believe it or not, we are on the same side. I would like to see the Focus continue to succeed. It is a wonderful car.

Poor dealer service is a major factor but that might have been a lesser issue were it not for a defective initial release of the DCT. I believe the fact that we are now up to clutch revision "D" validates my argument. I have read several anecdotal reports from members who have the D clutch revision that report resolution of their issues. Time will tell.
There is no argument that there were some substantial issues with the clutches.

My arguments have been that:

1) In three years, Ford has clearly made major improvements to the DCT.
Obviously, it would have been *incredibly* stupid of them not to.

2) Good service is important.
There are many DCTs that should be "fixed" (even if it's just a firmware update) and aren't because the dealer dismisses the concerns of their customers.

I suppose there are some that believe that Ford management (and engineers) are a bunch of total morons and that good dealer service is not important.
I personally don't believe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gostinger View Post
You were so right lol. He must own shares in this company or sleeping with the enemy.
By advocating for better dealer service, you have concluded that I am likely a Ford shareholder?

That doesn't make any sense.


Quote:
Originally Posted by gostinger View Post
Yes it burns the shit out of itself
The clutches burn up when coasting?
Could you please elaborate on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenHour View Post
ha ha! you know it. even though his grinds!
I have an old clutch (05/2011) and the only issue is the "grinding" noise, which rarely happens.
At some point in the future, I hope to get it replaced at the same time that the leaking seal is replaced.

What was your point?
__________________
I am Kabigon and I approve this message.

Last edited by iminhell; 02-17-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Kabigon is online now  
Reply With Quote