Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Couple of Car Issues
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 06:27 PM  
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

FF Reputation: 64 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NixNox View Post
Not steam, but stReam. I just put my vents on the window and feet, to defrost windshield.

Understood.

What to lubricate?

**Door latches themselves, the part that clamps to the body to hold the door closed.

And I hope that you understand correctly. When i press my key to lock car - when it works, salon light shuts down and my hazard lights flash one time. I don't have frozen locks or doors. It should be something electrical, not mechanical.

**This is a first, easiest, "fix". If latches are "sticky" they may not close completely. Not fully closed, electric switch is not tripped. Does not work right if electronics think the door is open.

**Many longer threads on the electrical switching exist, this was a quick fix for mine when the trunk latch was sticky.

So I shold just check between body and door, for some connector? Or it's somewhere inside the door or body, but I can get to it from the space between car/body, when I open door?

**Wires between body & door, mine has a connector at the body where the wires pass through the door frame. Space between when door is open.

what do you mean pull off the window?

**Window wiring has a tab for wire connection. It is part of the window & can come off easily. If connector is pulled off to check for voltage or ground, care is needed to avoid pulling this off the window. These connections can come loose from the window, another common cause of your problem.

Again, sorry about my english.
Do not worry, we will try to understand.

I edited to ** my responses, they printed in your quote.

S.R. #275

Last edited by sailor; 02-15-2014 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Starred responses