Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Couple of Car Issues
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 06:35 PM   #4
NixNox
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 142233
What I Drive: 1999, Green, Focus

FF Reputation: 1 NixNox Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Not steam, but stReam. I just put my vents on the window and feet, to defrost windshield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
Door latches on older cars often went without lubrication, try some penetrating spray lubricant first - followed by the regular maintenance of penetrating spray grease later. Cold weather & dry, sticky lock mechanism doubles up on this "simple" problem.
What to lubricate?

And I hope that you understand correctly. When i press my key to lock car - when it works, salon light shuts down and my hazard lights flash one time. I don't have frozen locks or doors. It should be something electrical, not mechanical.

Quote:
Driver side speaker could be a wiring fault where the wire flex leading to the door. Before digging into wiring, look for a plug-in joint where the cables lead to the body (inside the opening between door & body). Just unplugging there, checking for corrosion & plugging back in securely may solve the problem (did on mine).
So I shold just check between body and door, for some connector? Or it's somewhere inside the door or body, but I can get to it from the space between car/body, when I open door?

Quote:
We don't have the electric front defrost, like the rear checking fuse & looking at wire connector the the windshield would be first checks. Careful with the connection to the Windshield - hold window side when touching the connector so it doesn't pull off the window!!
what do you mean pull off the window?

Again, sorry about my english.