Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2014 European Focus!
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 01:43 PM  
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I think you're missing what we're saying. They aren't importing the European Focus due to the DCT because it's the exact same DCT as the North American models. Your salesman that initially told you that either lied or doesn't actually know the truth. But I'm sure that he wants a sale.

With that being said, I would rather have a European Focus over the North American models, simply for the addition of adaptive cruise and some of the trim piece differences. I just wouldn't be under the illusion that the import swap was due to 'DCT problems' and understand that it is motivated by some other financial reason.

If the DCT was as bad of a product as led to be believed by the forum then Ford would have already yanked it and replaced it with something else. Not to say that the DCT is perfect or that some owners don't have issues, but the problem is only amplified here on the forum due to the number of people that aren't complaining and/or aren't on the site. There have been hundreds of thousands of Mk3 Foci sold, and when you take that into consideration the amount of people that have had problems is a pretty small percentage.
2014 FiST-