Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2014 European Focus!
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 12:53 PM   #1
CunFFS13
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 117411
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Ford Focus S MT

Points 2,360, Level 29
Points: 2,360, Level: 29 Points: 2,360, Level: 29 Points: 2,360, Level: 29
Level Up 40% Completed
Level up: 40% Level up: 40% Level up: 40%
Forum Activity 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
FF Reputation: 6 CunFFS13 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Talking 2014 European Focus!

As I said before, Ford MX doesn't sell the American build Focus anymore. For the 2014 year model, Ford is offering the Focus from Germany.
Before anything happens, I wanna to make clear: I drive a 2013 Michigan Focus, I don't mean to disrespect anybody with this new thread. (Here's the controversial thread http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=370881)
I was told, after all the local media and marketing advertising about the problematic DCT and quality of the focus, Ford MX decided to import the Focus from Europe again. The 2011 MK2 and before was imported from Germany, then the 2012-2013 MK3 was imported from the US, now MX is back with the 2014 Germany build Focus.
I stopped at my local FD and took some pictures, I'm listing the differences I can tell from my 2013 US build base model S Sedan 5spd MT.

1. The VIN starts with a W instead of a number 1

2. The rear headrest is smaller, I'm comparing the same S Sedan model just FYI

3. Clear turn lights (my headlight has yellow on it), rear and front bumper with the recovery tool (tow hook location), no foglights as mine

4. Engine plastic cover, I don't have it

5. That little piece inside the door edge, I don't have it, I'm not sure what it is either

6. The car has the foglights harness assembly already, plug and play, it has a rear foglights! Mandatory in Europe. I don't have it.
I noticed the rear trunk doesn't open from inside, I opened from outside manually, BTW the rear trunk door comes with the nice Velcro cover, I don't have it either

7. That little extra compartment some guys already asked about it. I'm wondering where the ECU access is located.

8. USB system, I don't have it

9. I was told the Europe market has bigger cup sizes, so for the American market they added this cup holder (smaller cup size I guess, I don't have it and it's a PITA to have a drink in the car)

10. Hubcaps, I prefer mine. BTW it comes with 4 disc breaks wheels, I only have it at front. Did you notice the Michelin tires? Wow!

11. Door handles are unpainted as mine, but the mirror caps are painted and have the turn light sign, for the 2013 S build in America I had mirror caps unpainted and no mirror turn lights.

12. It comes with chrome tail pipe, I don't have it. Rear tow hook, I don't have it and no FlexFuel badge, I do have it
:)

13. Price $257,641MX ($19,818USD). I paid for my 2013 $15,923USD

14. The steering wheel comes with stereo volume controls, I don't have this feature. I could not see how the display looks because I didn't get the car key to turn it on. I noticed the odometer only reads in KM, mine reads KM and Miles.

Last edited by CunFFS13; 03-08-2014 at 11:42 PM.