Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Need help with Remote Start Alarm install
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 06:46 PM   #2
SQFocusZTS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4729
What I Drive: 2000 Focus ZTS

FF Reputation: 2 SQFocusZTS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
First and foremost, i praise you for trying to install something as complex as a remote start system by yourself. though, i must caution you -- if you don't know what you're doing, things can go bad. fast.

Quote:
** The only two wires I have connected are the Orange and the Brown. I don't know whether I need relays to use the Black/White, the Green/Red, and the Blue/White. I also don't know where to connect the Green wire( Do I connect this to the BYPASS MODULE)**
Black/White .yes. if you'd like Domelight Supervision, you will need a relay. When in doubt, if it says "need a relay" , the safe way to do things is to use a relay.

Green/Red .the trunk release has a relay built into the vehicle's control module. you can connect this wire directly to the trunk release wire.

Blue/White .also known as progressive door locks. this feature mimics the factory keyless, where when you press the unlock button once, it only unlocks the drivers door. if you press it again, it unlocks the remaining. If you don't connect this wire, when you press unlock, all your doors will unlock.

Blue/Black .this wire supplies a 200ma (-) connection to be used in conjunction with a bypass module such as the DEI 555S [for the focus]

Quote:
** I have connected all but the PINK/WHITE( Am I going to use the PINK/WHITE wire?).**
the focus only has one ignition wire and one accessory wire. therefore there are no other wires that need to be energized for remote start purposes. you may cut this wire short, but PLEASE either tape off the end or cap it somehow. do not leave this wire 'bare'

Quote:
** I have connected the BLUE and the White. I don't know where to connect the VIOLET and the GREEN( I don't care about the PINK). **

The information you listed in your PIC did not show door trigger information, yet can easily be figured out. The door triggers are negative in the focus. This means, the door circuit shows positive voltage (~12v) when the doors are closed, but go to ground (0v) when opened. I believe in my focus, the circuit showed 4v when closed, and 0v opened. in any case, when the doors are closed, the voltage should be significantly higher than 0v. In my focus, i had two door triggers (one for the driver and passenger side). if you are doing a security system, i would highly suggest finding them both.

Violet .NOT USED.
Green . Door Triggers (can find the right wires at either the keyless module or the door pins themselves)

Quote:
** Which typre does our FOCUS has? Where do I connect the RED(Do I connect this to a 12V constant?)? I have two diodes included in the kit. Where do I connect the GREEN and the BLUE? **
The door lock relay outputs are flip/flop style. this means on the same wire, they pulse a negative signal, and a positive signal. they include diodes with your model because in some vehicles (VW and Subaru come to mind), the factory modules go wacky because they first see a ground then a 12v signal.

What type of door locks does our focus have? the tech sheet lists it above: "Type B" door locks... that is.... negative triggered relay driven door locks. In simple terms, send a (-) negative pulse to the lock or unlock wire and the doors will go accordingly.

you will not do anything with the red wire. if you had a different type of door lock system, that red wire would be used to energize one set of terminal coils. in your case, connect the GREEN wire to your LOCK wire. connect the BLUE wire to your UNLOCK wire.

.qed.

-john
SQF

Certified MASTER Installer
one of 72 in the world...