Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Focus Fanatics Ride of the Month Showcase
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 02:26 PM   #10
Chick

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '13 Taffeta White Civic Si Sedan

Points 184,711, Level 100
Points: 184,711, Level: 100 Points: 184,711, Level: 100 Points: 184,711, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing Member Chick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
MAY RIDE OF THE MONTH(2005)

Member name: GOAT ROPER
Model: ZTS (Centennial Edition)
Color: Pitch Black

Why he loves his Focus:
"I have always been a fan of taking four-door cars and making them into they really weren't intended to be, fast. Goes all the back to my first car, a 1977 Dodge Monaco (the "duct-tape mobile") where I did nothing but put a glass pack on it I had sniped from my fathers pick-up to what I have now, my 2003 ZTS that has almost every bolt-on you can find.
So why exactly do I love my Focus? The "Centennial Edition" being all black combined with the dark tint really make the car stand out I believe. Handling is superb, even more so than stock with the Eibachs and 18" Enkei's. The power I am getting out of my little normally aspirated 2.0L Zetec is outstanding, mainly thanks to Karl @ Massive Speed System, J.T. @ Extreme Parts and of course Randy @ Focus Sport for his superb tunes on my SCT."

His future plans:
"I think FordDesigner said it best last month when he won ROTM, "transmission work, lots of it". Later on this month the stock clutch will be voted off the island with either the Centerforce or Spec clutch. While I have that tore apart a lightweight flywheel might as well be put in as well. A Torsen or Quaife along with the 4.06 gears may make an appearance yet this summer. The remainder of my engine mounts that need to be replaced will occur before July, replaced by the VF's.

Long term, I have to decide which fork in the road I want to take since I am running out of things to do, build up on mean N/A engine or go PowerWorks. In all reality I want to hit the magical 100 HP per liter while staying N/A, if for nothing else than my own selfish need to do it"

MODIFICATIONS:

EXTERIOR:
Grillcraft lower grill (replaces hoaky one vehicle came with)
Custom upper grill (meshed factory grill)

ENGINE DRESS-UP:
Ford Racing engine cover
Painted engine bay pieces

INTERIOR:
Focus Central Short-Throw
A-pillar gauge pod

I.C.E.:

PERFORMANCE:
Focus Sport ported cylinder head
Kent Stage 3 cams
Focus Sport UDPs
Focus Sport Cool-Flo CAI
Focus Sport SCT
Focus Central Cam Gears
2000 ported intake
Focus Central 4-2-1 Race Header
Custom 3" Exhaust
Focus Central 65 mm Throttle Body
Screamin' Demon Coil Pack
LW/Denso wires/plugs
Centerforce Clutch
Fidanza Flywheel
All VF mounts
70 MM MAF
30# injectors

SUSPENSION:
Eibach Sportlines 2" drop
Focus Central Strut Bar

WHEELS, TIRES & BRAKES:
Enkei RS-5 18" wheels

MISC.:

Last edited by Chick; 02-14-2009 at 05:37 PM.