Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Stock Speakers and Carputers?
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2005, 04:51 PM   #8
Cmmcc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15719
What I Drive: Mineral Grey Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Cmmcc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I purchased the Carputer from another member here... I just wanted to see what the best way to install it was without

1. loosing my head unit
2. loosing sound quality

As far as not loosing my head unit I think I will relocate it to above the glovebox and as far as the audio is concerned I found that a minijack to rca from the computer sound card to the aux in on my head unit was easiest but I figured doing that might loose some sound quality. I thought if i took my sound card which has that external box with all those connection options on it and used the rca outputs on that box i could then connect that to the aux jack on the head unit and not loose quality of the audio. I might be complicating things by trying to add the external box but I dont want to loose audio quality when watching a DVD or playing MP3's.
SCT Chip : Screamin Deamon Coil w/ 10mm Livewires : Full SVT Suspension : 60mm Throttle Body: EVO 5 Body Kit : Mach Audio HID's : TYC Tail Lights : Custom Carbon Fiber Hood : Redline Tuning Elit Hood Lifts : Volant Intake : Magnaflow Catback : Diamond Plate Interior Floor : Reverse Glow Guages: Aluminum Billet HVAC w/ SVT Pod : Custom E Brake : 18" Riax Rims : Clear Side Markers : Blue LED M3 Side Mirrors : Swab Mod : Front Drilled & Slotted Roters

Last edited by Cmmcc; 05-06-2005 at 04:56 PM.