Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Why WRC isn't accepted??
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2005, 05:26 AM   #18
ToTalXS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 724
What I Drive: 2000 SVT Contour

FF Reputation: 1 ToTalXS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
me myself im just a fan of racing......be it nascar , wrc, grand am, f1, irl, nhra ,busch series, craftsman truck, mickey thompson(sp)......it doesnt matter...oh dont forget your local 3/8ths and 1/2 mile dirt oval....there is something about a guy driving a car to beat someone else driving a car that gets my adrenaline pumping......i think those who call nascar boring arent really watching the racing thats goin on on the track....they just sit back and say "oh look heyare goin in circles" ...i get rather worked up when i see two cars racing side by side for many laps wonderin whos gonna make the mistake to lose the race...but thats just me....I would definately love to see more wrc here in the states, i know a guy in England whos says they dont get nascar over there unless he pays 25 pounds a month for one channel....i think one thing that would help wrc is time....same reason espn2 was reluctant to show live nhra drag races.....they took too long....i know what you guys are thinking "hell nascar takes three hours" but in nhra you have 4 rounds with what used to be 90 minutes between each round....thats alot of fill time for a tv station......so the nhra shortened their time between rounds and espn2 now shows more live racing......anyway just to get back on topic i definately like the wrc because of the "extreme" driving conditions...i have many videos of them and just sit there goin "how in the heck?!?!?!"
-Shawn