Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Maybe in market for SVT, couple of questions
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2003, 05:58 PM   #4
silver02svtf
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 441
What I Drive: 2002 ford focus svt

FF Reputation: 1 silver02svtf Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I believe the traction control is non-defeatable under 20km (accelleration times do not suffer if you learn how to launch the car properly though). The only way to fully eleminate the t/c is to pull the fuse however abs will also be disconnected.

I've seen svtf's run in autocross and they tend to do very well. I've heard the svtf is capable of out slaloming an M3.

Not quite sure about your s/c question, I too am looking into getting one in the future. The JR s/c should be good for an extra 50-60whp so I'm sure the 0-60 and 1/4mile times would improve accordingly (as long as the driver knows what he's doing). Also with regards to your question about an LSD there is a Quaife available for the svt here www.focussport.com/quaife.htm

All I can say is take one for a test drive, I'll bet you'll end up taking it home.

And btw the car looks great in silver .

#1885 out of 4788