P0WeRbyDuratec
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2109
What I Drive: 2012 WRX Limited

FF Reputation: 1 P0WeRbyDuratec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally posted by EURO04SVT
So if the SVTF was a 2.3 in displacement, by my math of 85hp per liter times 2.3 is 195.5 crank hp or 162whp @ 17% for driveline loss. As many SVTFs have dynoed bone stock in the 150whp range only 12whp shy of 190whp with that widely used 17% loss. So my question is why have so many said that the DURATEC is more technologically advanced over ZETEC based motors? I takes COSWORTH to basically rebuild the whole motor inside and out to produce 230 crank hp for the 2.3. Sure the 2.3 produces a few more peak ft-lbs of tq but at a lower rpm than peak rpm on an SVTF as where the SVTF peak is right where is shuttles it into its powerband at 5K to 7K. The 2.3 was not a design of high performance and high RPM power its lower rpm power for tootin' round town. I would think that one could make an SVTF 100hp per liter N/A or pretty close without breaking inside the motor with the parts available today.
Who cares is right. but then again is the zetec designed for high performance? SVT had to do something about the zetec. And they did, they built just like cosworth did, and got more out of it then svt, because lets be honest here how close is your svt to being a basic zetec engine? I dunno all these hypothetical bench racing crap, who cares, we should all just have a national 2.3 vs SVT competition day. We'll do 1/4 mi, autox and whatever else, then we can beat the crap out of each other without having all these what ifs floating around.