Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Intake Seat - Here I Go Again
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 08:01 PM   #1
rnewscates
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97162
What I Drive: 2000 Focus SPI, 1978 Lotus Esprit

FF Reputation: 1 rnewscates Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Intake Seat - Here I Go Again

Bought a 2000 SPI sedan in July '13, 115K, missing head - rebuilt it with new bearings, new pistons (#1 broken) and rings, and bought a refurbed head on eBay with the seat problem "corrected" - ran great for almost 2000 miles, started running bad and clattering , #4 cylinder no comression, so I yanked the head, and found that #4 intake seat was cocked severely! I took it to my trusted machine shop and they said the head was also warped - it was all they could do to get the camshaft out, and it turned reluctantly as well - it could have seized at any time as well! So they said I could get a new head casting for $355. and they will transfer over the cam, lifters, rockers etc. and I will be all set. Yes, I could get another "rebuilt" head on eBay for $250but who knows how long it would last, plus the risk of sudden catastrop-
ic failure is higher. Actually I am lucky in that the seat didn't come loose, it might have broken another piston.
Still Love Driving It! Bob Scates Springfield, VA