View Single Post
Old 04-28-2005, 10:04 AM   #19
ajchen
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 21964
What I Drive: 2003 SVTF - CD Silver

FF Reputation: 1 ajchen Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
how about just taking it to a track period? they have regulations there on safety equipment... and with more experienced drivers there (instead of idiot weekend racers) you can assure that everyone stays safe. yes, you guys might just go to an abandoned road... but what if you hit one of your friends who is there and wasnt racing - it wasnt his fault that happened, right? its just an issue of how much responsibility one wants to take. most dont want to race at a track because it's more work (or maybe people dont want to be embarrased at how slow they are in front of other people

i street raced when i was younger and didnt know any better... now i just think it's incredibly dangerous and asinine. of course it is going to happen, but i dont think we as enthusiasts should add to the negative image of car tuners, you know what i mean?

Quote:
Originally posted by Svt4life
well there are 2 ways of looking at it.. the people i race i have known for awhile and know their driver skill we are in a huge group and we all kno each other and we never race in traffic or on roads..when we go race we go to our usual abandoned street where the only people can get hurt are the ones racing , which in the 2 years ive been around them has never happend and that is ur own choice. Also most of the time we go to the track which is real close to our house about 10min drive. Im not sure what others do when they race but stay safe and either take it to a track or an abandoned area

3sixteen clothing
3sixteen.com
::: progressive.urban.design :::