Fordson
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13118
What I Drive: 2003 InfraRed SVT 5-door, loaded -

FF Reputation: 1 Fordson Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by MyBlackST
If I were near you i'd meet up. There are a couple SVTF's here but non-that I seen post here (that I know of). The #'s are close but the SVTF is quicker stock for stock. Not surprisng since it has more power. But, you could say it could be a drivers race too.
Well, I'm here if you want to meet up - about 25 miles north.

Seriously, the 2.3 has underutilized potential, but that's obvious - a 2.3 liter engine making only 145-150 crank hp obviously is not living up to its potential right out of the box.

You say the numbers are close - well, 0-60 they are close. In the quarter the SVT is a half-second or more quicker, and 0-100 the SVT is 2 1/2 seconds quicker. Top end, a 2.3 ST is governed to 118. The SVT has no governor; usually they are good to around 135.

This is for totally stock cars, of course. With a tune, an SVT is around a half-second quicker. I don't think there is a tune for the ST yet.

For handling and braking, it's not even close - like a different car. A good amount of improvement will result from getting rid of the cheap all-season tires the ST comes with.