I bought a used 2004 Focus for my daughter to commute to school and back.
1. The console latch is shot. I may try the rubber shim tip posted above.
2. The defrost, vent, floor selector is stuck on vent. I can't imagine paying $500 to have a poorly designed cable replaced only to know it will fail again. I also can't imagine doing it myself spending a lot of money on an excessively expensive part(s) that will surely fail again because of the poor design and equally incompetent engineering.
3. The "Battery" light is on and there are so many reasons for this to happen.
4. The spark plugs on my zetec engine are in a "trough" so you can't wash the engine compartment. It will fill with water (the spark wire boots won't keep the water out of the trough.) Don't ask.
5. The hood support (prop) rod is not permanently attached and comes out every time I raise the hood and lift the prop rod to keep the hood up. Annoyingly unnecessary and inconvenient in the 21st Century. Another stupid design accompanied by incompetent engineering.
6. I'm hoping there won't be a #6, to add here but I'm thinking there will be.