Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Transmission Plastic Plug
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #5
defektes
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84501
What I Drive: 2001 Black ZTS

FF Reputation: 3 defektes Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus2727 View Post
That's one way to do it, I suppose. I would go to the junk yard and pull one, or shave down the tapered plug you mentioned to have more clearance, or just get a price of plexy glass cut it round and rtv the edge of that. I personally would rather have plastic only around it, not sure if any could be had but what damage could happen if it came loose? Plastic will not cause the damage a metal washer would. Or if the job weld broke off and into the bell housing? Just thoughts.
Good points, I would be RTVing that washer on the outside of the housing, I suppose I could RTV the center of the washer too, so if it were to come loose im sure the flywheel would win. That way if it did come off I could replace it or if for whatever reason I needed to peek through it can be removed.