Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - SVT owners: Post reviews of your Tune!
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2005, 05:51 PM   #22
RecoilRob
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 21404
What I Drive: 04, CD Silver SVTF

Points 542, Level 10
Points: 542, Level: 10 Points: 542, Level: 10 Points: 542, Level: 10
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 8 RecoilRob Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
1. Focus Sport www.focussport.com
2. SCT X-Calibrator
3. $325 w/2 tunes
4. 3 weeks
5. I found the install went like everyone else using the X-Calibrator. About 10 minutes to suck the original program and 8 to upload the new one. First impression on startup was the much quicker start without the high revs. Settled right down to 900 in a couple of seconds. After letting it idle for a few minutes to let the car get acquainted with the new program, we went for a ride. Very nice! Throttle response and torque much improved but it seemed the intake and exhaust were quieter than before. At least at normal cruise. When cranking on it the power builds nicely and is stronger all through the rev band. The 'camminess' of the stock program is gone but only because the much improved low end makes the transition to the big power much smoother. Most dramatic change that I can definitively measure is the gas mileage. On the last 3 tanks it has improved from an average of 30 to 33mpg in my normal commute. Not bad at all!
6. My transaction with Randy and FS was done on the web and I have had no reason to contact him other than to say thanks for a job well done.