View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 05:09 AM  
roswelltop
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83279
What I Drive: 2013 SGM SE HATCH, 5 Spd Man

FF Reputation: 1 roswelltop Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I ran Michelin Pilot Super Sports on my 2011 Foccus and loved them. And I fully intended to replace the the Conti Pro Contacts (CPC's)on my 2013 SE Hatch with the Michelins, but then a couple of things happened.

First, I was prepared to really hate the CPC's as I was not a fan of Continental tires at all. But I in reality, I found them to be generally ok, not great, but not horrific either. OK for OEM.

Second, when I began due diligence for purchase, time and time again Conti Extreme Contact DWS was getting rave reviews from just about every authority and user that I read. Not to mention that a set of four was about $200 cheaper than the Michelins.

I've purchased several sets of tires from the Discount Tires here in Roswell. When I discussed my dilemma with the manager, he assured me that if I was not completely happy with the DWS's that he would swap them for the Michelins or whatever I wanted.

After about 4,500 miles in plenty of wet and dry weather, I could not be happier with these tires. Great grip, extremely quiet, comfortable ride and at a cost that saved me several hundred dollars.

You will not go wrong with Michelins, but if you want a comparable tire with a chance to save some money, check out the Conti DWS / DW's.