Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Rough idle nightmare
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #1
Okusfocous
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 120297
What I Drive: 2004 yellow zx5 2.3 pzev

FF Reputation: 1 Okusfocous Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question Rough idle nightmare

I have a 2004 ford focus 2.3. The car has a salvage motor & I'm unsure of the actual miles. It has really rough idle & hesitates during acceleration. Bought it in July 2013. Put $800 dollars into it myself before taking it to a shop. The shop charged me $120 for diagnostics and said they didn't know what was wrong. They recommend taking it to billingsley. Took it to a different shop, they charged me 80 bucks and said my spark plugs were bad. I had changed the spark plugs a week before. Finally took it to the ford dealership and they said it was a bad fuel pump. That was $1100. Picked my car up from them and it wasn't fixed. Broke down the next day coming home from work. Tried to drive it back to them, broke down in the middle of the highway, & had to get towed. That time the dealership said it was a bad alternator. They gave me a discount and only charged $700. So generous of them. I picked my car up, it still wasn't fixed, so I took it back the next morning. They kept it over 2 weeks. I get it back & it's still screwed up. I haven't been able to find any vacuum leaks. The dealership just says they don't know what's wrong. The only trouble code I have is for the secondary air injection system. As far as I know that only affects emissions. Not drivability. If anyone has any suggestions that might help it would be greatly appreciated.