Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Why is there no SVT VOLANT Intake yet?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2005, 11:22 AM   #10
Lupuri
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12064
What I Drive: 03 SVTF, 13 ST

FF Reputation: 1 Lupuri Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally posted by 2004SVTAutoXer
who would buy an intake for any reason other than a power adder?

K&N drop in is nice but i'm going to pick up a cone to put on the stock box once i get my carbon fiber evo hood
Hahahah, thanks Chad, I was just doing some shin kickin...

2004SVTAutoXer, Im not saying that your wrong for doing that...a Cone will definately out flow a panel, and if your going with hoodscoops, itll prolly even out. I'm a big fan of cheap mods, and honestly dont think gains will be that outstanding with modded airboxes unless of course your running spray (heh, only power adder where you need an intake..) a 160hp application, I dont think your gonna see much of a differnce between a drop in and a cone+short ram intake, unless of course you want the sound.

But yeah, Im guessing it was a business move overall, many companies terminate production on alot of products when they hear a vehicle has been discontinued...Vortech literaly discontinued the F-trim SVT kit the day the SVTF was nixxed..

There is a fine line between manufacturing and selling...if a company doesnt make enough of a product and a product is on backorder, they lose $$ and overall veiw in the public...if a company makes too much of something, they may have to lower their price and lower overall margin.. and honestly, the market for SVTF Performance parts is NOT outstanding because they are very limited production and often not heavily modded like the other SVT or standard production counterparts.
89 Mustang LX (it's really white)
13 Focus ST