View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #22
10'ses
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 75646
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy SEL Sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 1 10'ses Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
First, I apologize for reviving such an old thread, but upon my searches this seemed to be the most relevant to the situation I experienced today.

I bought my Focus used last weekend with 39k miles on the clock (avg. mpg readout stayed a solid 35.9 for days until I reset it, so I'm guessing all highway). Today I was running it hard in sport shift mode in some traffic, and when I excited the freeway a guy in a Volt pulled up next to me honking saying my tire was smoking. I pulled into the closest parking lot and started chuckling as I've smelled burnt clutch before learning to drive my old 10' Foci.

My question is if this guy actually saw a cloud of smoke coming from under the car, I should probably take it back to the dealer right? Or is this "normal" under heavy driving and/or normal to Ford? Thankfully I do have the remainder of the powertrain warranty plus a 3mo/3k mile dealership warranty. Thanks!

Her: 2014 Black/Black SE 201a Sedan; DCT; Cold Weather Pkg (leased; staying stock)