Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #2013
GlennK
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 112723
What I Drive: 2013 Dark Gray Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 GlennK Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
Just for kicks I searched Auto Trader for all 2012-213 Ford Focii w/DCT within a 25-mile radius of my zip code and it returned 26 vehicles. Many are under 20,000 miles.

The one I traded in earlier this month is the most expensive one on the list and it's competing against a couple of other Ti's with less miles. The asking price for one is about $1k less, and another is $3500 less.

In contrast, a search for all manual Focii within the same radius returned only 2 vehicles.

To those who bought the Focus with a manual transmission ya done did good! People seem to be hanging onto 'em.
I wish I would have found this forum before I bought my 2013 Ford Focus. I now have 10,000 with at least half of those highway driving. The transmissions still seems hesitant or is missing. I am afraid to pull out from stop signs unless I have PLENTY of room. And where I live, that is a rare luxury.

I do not have the rattle or grinding that a lot of you describe. But definitely the jerky shift. Mine seems to be from 2nd to 3rd as the most common.

I did complain about transmission when I had it at the dealer for an oil change. And yes, they printed out and handed me that stupid "break in" paper. Told me it drove fine.

Anyhow, I'll keep complaining about it. I guess I go back to Chevy after this car. I only switched to Ford because they didn't need the bailout. But it's definitely not worth the headache nor the fear when pulling out.