Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Is there anyway to track the build of my Focus?
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #8
saireah
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 116690
What I Drive: 2014 Platinum White Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 3 saireah Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhansen View Post
OK think I found another date that actually might be the build date. 9/5. In any event, things appear to be moving and I can't wait to get the vehicle.

If the build date is 9/5 or 9/6, why would estimated delivery date by three weeks later? Do they need to let paint cure or are they just over estimating (worse case)?
Crystal (FordService) can answer that question. :) Mine was built on 8/17 and delivered to my dealer via rail on 8/27. The original ETA she provided me was 8/31, but then it was pushed up -- and she let me know that. You're in good hands with her tracking for you! My salesperson tracked for me as well but he was more vocal as the car was nearing delivery -- I learned more about when the car went into production, etc with Crystal.

And the Tuscany Red will look great! I'd love to see some pictures. It will make your car unique. :)

And, yes, convoy is truck -- mine clearly said "RAIL."

Also: I've made aesthetic changes to my Focus in the past few weeks, but the one thing I did on the recommendation of these forums is to add a K&N Filter (Amazon was the cheapest that I found -- read the reviews!). It has made a huge difference to me in the stop-to-accelerate (0-5mph) "lag" that I felt with the DCT. Some will argue that it does nothing, but I disagree. I'm really pleased. An inexpensive mod that, I feel, helped me quite a bit.

P.S. Just noticed you're from Iowa! I'm in Des Moines. :)