Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Brand new ST3 w/ vibration (~60mph)
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 02:34 PM   #7
ChrissyL
Trying to Focus

Fan#: 64813
What I Drive: '13 Performance Blue ST3

Points 1,374, Level 20
Points: 1,374, Level: 20 Points: 1,374, Level: 20 Points: 1,374, Level: 20
Level Up 74% Completed
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 13 ChrissyL Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjaeger74 View Post
Sooo... I went back to the dealer and drove both my car and the other ST. Mine still had the vibration but the other ST did not. So I asked them to swap the wheels again so I could drive my car with the other ST's wheels and tires. No vibration in my car at that time. So they let me keep the wheels and tires from the other new ST. Drove home (about 50 miles) with no vibrations! Sweet... but...

Now I have a tire pressure sensor error/warning popping up on the message console on the gauge cluster! Ugh...Wonder if they didn't attach something or if something got disconnected/broken when they were swapping wheels back and forth between the two cars? I'll have to call them about that on Monday. At least my vibration is gone now.
Most likely, you'll need to have the dealer retrain the TPMS sensors-to-system communication. Earlier Foci with TPMS had a somewhat complicated procedure an owner could use to retrain the system, but I see nothing about that in the current generation manual or ST supplement. Nothing on Ford's owner website, either.

My ST3 has 2,200 miles on it (5 weeks since delivery) and has no vibration issues other than a slight misfire which will be addressed at the 3,000 mile break-in service. Good luck with yours!
NW Posse #17
"Straight roads are for fast cars. Curvy roads are for fast drivers."