Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - MK1 Focus the greatest car of the past 25 years
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 07:38 AM   #6
Darthenstein
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63587
What I Drive: 2009 Ford Focus SES

FF Reputation: 4 Darthenstein Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Very nice article! I had 3 white Ford Tauruses before my Focus, and I was always marveling at how simple technology that is reliable every time works so well! I got so many compliments on my plain '95 Mercury Sable (yes, one of the Tauruses) that I would not want any other car. My friend bought an almost new pickup truck and had to constantly show it off to everyone because no one would talk about it...everyone simply knew what it was and that was that.

I also remember reading a book about European cars that had a quote, any old engineer can make a water pump for a Rolls Royce (as they design the best thing they can), but it takes a genious to make one for a Chevy (as it has to work every single time, in every kind of condition imaginable, as well as not break down and leave the user stranded). It simply amazes me at how complicated perfectly level thought can be!

Great article, thank you!

Ford: Taurus ('91, 01) Focus ('09); Mercury: Sable ('95); Dodge: Neon ('95); Trek: 1000SL ('07) Yamaha: VStar 650 ('03)