Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Is there anyway to track the build of my Focus?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 11:34 PM   #4
saireah
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 116690
What I Drive: 2014 Platinum White Titanium HB

Points 600, Level 11
Points: 600, Level: 11 Points: 600, Level: 11 Points: 600, Level: 11
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 saireah Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Congratulations! Here's some useful information about the ordering process that I found helpful when ordering my car:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla2smoker View Post
The order number is actually the number the dealer generates for you. Once the order has been placed, you should get a copy of the order with the order number, the dealer code and the priority.. (Ford pulls dealer orders on Thursday night) The next step is the DORA which is Ford accepts the order, after the order is accepted, the next step is a VIN is issued for the order. After the VIN is issued, the next step is a build date. Once a build date is assigned, approximately seven days (our experience) prior to the build date the Monroney (window sticker) is available. Approximately two business days after your car has been built ETIS (European ford website) will show the completion date of your car. The next step is in transit, this is a blackhole, it could be one day or any number of days until your vehicle ships.
(From this thread)

When you get your window sticker, you can see whether or not your car is coming via rail or car. I found that kind of neat. Your build date is on your window sticker, as well.

What did you order? :)