Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Why is the American focus de-contented?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #22
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaFan View Post
I don't understand why the Focus would be so expensive in North America if Ford offered HID,s and some of the other items mentioned in the OP.
This is something I could have added to the post above. The fact is that it wouldn't be substantially more expensive, but there is currently no 'need' for the manufacturer to offer them. Ford already out-sells the majority of the competition without those offerings so there is no real reason for them to 'need' to offer them in competition. While I don't have actual numbers, I would venture an educated guess that the majority of Focus sales are SE's and not Titaniums. That would show that the majority of Americans don't really have a desire to content the compact car. So few are sold here that there are usually only a few Titaniums are ever on a lot here, but you can't throw an average-sized child without hitting a SE.

Speaking from personal experience, all of my previous 'work/commute' cars have been no-option compacts. I had no desire for amenities because my other vehicle has always been a larger and more optioned-out vehicle for family use. All that I wanted my work car to do was get me to work with a low fuel cost-nothing more. And in all honesty, if I hadn't gotten a divorce I wouldn't be driving a Titanium right now-I would be in a S model.
2014 FiST-