Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Why is the American focus de-contented?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #21
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

Points 24,731, Level 95
Points: 24,731, Level: 95 Points: 24,731, Level: 95 Points: 24,731, Level: 95
Level Up 39% Completed
Level up: 39% Level up: 39% Level up: 39%
Forum Activity 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Moved to Ford Focus & General Car Chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotlkn View Post
With the commuting I do, I would love to see the 2.0L Duratorq Diesel Focus here. With the cost of fuel in Europe, people want the most options with the best fuel economy. Here in North America, we have less expensive fuel and larger distances to travel between points.
I think that this is a large factor in causing the compact market to be so much more competitive in Europe. Because fuel isn't as inexpensive as it is here in the US, people can't afford to operate the larger vehicles. If our fuel was hiked to $8+ per gallon, I think that the compact market would be fierce and we would get a lot more options.

Think about how the compact market became more intense as fuel went over $4-5 a gallon. Prior to that, the amenities offered in a compact were minimal at best. Applying the same logic but increasing our fuel cost to $8 a gallon and there would be tons of trucks/SUV's being traded in and the manufacturers would be competing even harder to earn those sales.
2014 FiST-