Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - shes coming back to life
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #11
apagios
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 40891
What I Drive: '03 ZX5 SVT, '05 Mazdaspeed Miata

Points 873, Level 15
Points: 873, Level: 15 Points: 873, Level: 15 Points: 873, Level: 15
Level Up 73% Completed
Level up: 73% Level up: 73% Level up: 73%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 apagios Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Mine just died at 177,800 miles. I had only put 5k miles on the new clutch/flywheel and new set of tires only had 100 miles on them! Died right after leaving my bike shop with my Ducati 848 in tow, had to wait 2 hours for my Dad to come pick me and my trailer/bike up.

Talked to Tom and I am going to have him do the full rebuild on my engine too. I found a re manufactured crate engine for $3300, but Tom can do everything cheaper, and I certainly trust him more then some engine remanufacturer in TX! He's going to do the tune for me as well while he's got it. I've gotta gather some parts over the next couple weeks and tow it down to his shop for a fall/winter build.

There are some crazy incentives out there on Focus ST's, I seriously looked at buying new when I found one of my local dealers was marking ST3's down $4700 below MSRP! But I also have a fun summer car (mazdaspeed miata) so I've got that to fall back on, and I wasn't ready to part with my SVTF yet. I love it too much.