Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Geneva 2005: The All-New Lexus IS
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2005, 11:17 AM   #9
SVT4ME

Fan#: 61
FF Reputation: 4 SVT4ME Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hotfocus, you like this car much by any chance?? That's the longest post I've seen in awhile.

You can definitely see the corporate "look" that they're going for in this car - I think it looks good, but I'm still doing my best to avoid getting excited about four door sedans YET. I think I need to be at least a decade older before I give in to the luxury sedan.

Like Autoweek said, Lexus is attempting to pull off a BMW-like transformation of their product line with all new styling (and pretty radical styling compared to their old designs) and so far they're doing it better than BMW, this car does not have awkward details like some of the new BMW designs have.

The new IS certainly makes the old IS look blah by comparison, which is pretty impressive when you think about it - I remember when the IS first came out, a guy at my college bought one and the first time he parked it at school a crowd of guys gathered around it to check it out.