View Single Post
Old 03-25-2005, 06:21 AM   #10
jonrjen

Fan#: 19523
What I Drive: 04 Screamin Yellow/EURO

FF Reputation: 1 jonrjen Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Not to open a can of worms, but
I had made my statement based off of posting at the SVT persormance site. Back in 10/02 there were a number of post that mentioned that Ford had opened the SVTF line to all dealers. The catch being that they had to order a minimum of three SVTF. With a carrot then hanging out there that should they do so, they could start selling the entire SVT line in 2005. Well here it is 2005, and Ford says they are expanding the SVT line and number of models. Yet there will be no SVT product line for the 2005 model year, unless you count the GT. I have two dealerships near by, with in a few miles of one another, one is and has been selling SVT products from the start. Still has a couple of new early Cobra R sitting on the floor. The other sold only SVTF beginnng in 04 with the expectations of becoming a SVT full line dealership in 05. When I spoke with the Sales Manager (a close friend) he confirmed the above statement as posted back in 02. Said it was a sweet deal for the dealership, because they did not have to certify any mechanics or carry the required parts inventory required by SVT until they were a full line approved SVT dealership.