Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #1984
OhFFS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114209
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 OhFFS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan1970 View Post
I have a packet from the BBB that I have partially filled out... I will submit the claim packet to the BBB and force them to make it right...
The BBB has no power. It's not a government agency that can force Ford to do anything. Is Ford even a member?

I don't want to discourage you from sending in that packet. Maybe it will help. But don't expect it to.

Some pencil-necked myopic MBA exec inside Ford has made a calculation: it's cheaper to sit on these issues and hope they go away than to fix what they know is a huge problem. He has calculated the damage to Ford's reputation from angry owners. He has calculated the loss of future sales. No matter how angry we are, he thinks it's cheaper for Ford to stall and play stupid and hope we go away.

We can change that. Write letters to car magazines. Write letters to your State Attorneys General. Waste time at dealerships bringing the car in for the same issue over and over. Go over the head of the Service Department and talk to management at your dealerships. Submit packets to the BBB. Write to Consumer Reports. Write Ford directly:

Quote:
Customer Relationship Center
p.o.Box 6128
Dearborn, MI 48121

None of these things individually will do jack squat. But all of us doing a few of them will make enough noise to change the calculation of that idiot executive and make it worth Ford's while to do the right thing.