Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 09:57 PM   #1981
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan1970 View Post
If you all check out my post, I believe it was #1931....no matter what anyone says you can't drive this car like a normal automatic tranny. You have to realize that this is a manual transmission without driver intervention....at least that's how Ford describes it.
Yes, I understand, I am doing it wrong. Thanks for pointing that out.

Quote:
...am I happy about having a tranny torn out at 13,500 miles, hell no.
13,500 miles! Sheesh! Mine lasted 30,000+ before it developed problems. You must be doing something wrong. You do realize that the DCT is not a 'normal automatic', right? It's really an 'automated manual'.

Quote:
... until mine is fixed....which is hopefully only another week or two away.
And hopefully it's actually fixed when you pick it up. That's an experience that I, too, long to have... someday.

Quote:
For all of you who say that Ford doesn't care is total rubbish, but the fact is they really don't have a fix except to have their techs tear down the tranny...which as in my case is basically a last ditch attempt to find the problem.
They have the fix for my issue. The issue appeared with the replacement clutch, which is obviously faulty. But it still hasn't been replaced yet.

Two weeks ago I replaced a failed hard drive for a user. The replacement drive that Dell sent went bad the next day.

This kind of thing does happen... so why is Ford refusing to replace my clutch a second time to fix the problem that only started when the clutch was replaced the first time? I can tell you why... it's because they don't care.