Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - pushing issues in the corners need advise
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #10
Tyler T
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 42066
What I Drive: two '02 SVT's

Points 974, Level 16
Points: 974, Level: 16 Points: 974, Level: 16 Points: 974, Level: 16
Level Up 74% Completed
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 Tyler T Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by super-ken View Post
not much ..... but what i can easily disguise...i can change springs and struts and sway bars as long as i can make them look like they belong there....i thought about adjustable shocks but i dont know where the adj are at
Do they allow any suspension mods at all?
Is this for AutoX?

The older type of Koni's adjust by turning the damper rod in the strut body. They look like a regular OEM damper. But the newer type has a little adjuster at the end of the rod which is easily recognisable. If you can get some of the older type that are like new they will be a big help. But I believe they have "Koni" stamped into the strut body so even if you paint them black, with a thorough inspection it'd be obvious.
You can only adjust rebound on them. If you're doing AutoX I'd recommend setting the rear significantly firmer than the front.

Also a firmer rear anti-roll bar will help a lot. If you pain it black and use black bushings it would probly pass as standard (depending on the design).

With dampers and the rear bar it will push a lot less but the most important thing is practicing to set the car up for each corner so you aren't overloading the front tyres on turn in.

Just my $.02! *smiley face*