Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - For those exhibiting DTC PO460
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #15
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

Points 2,801, Level 32
Points: 2,801, Level: 32 Points: 2,801, Level: 32 Points: 2,801, Level: 32
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicedz View Post
I wasn't aware that this forum was filled with Fun Police I highly doubt Injected's sole purpose was to include that feature to avoid warranty issues. We ALL know how Ford is with their coverage as it is. So, it's nice to have the piece of mind knowing they're not going to try and bend you over for having a cai or tune on your car. So glad you stand behind Fords warranty like they've stood behind all of the DCT/MFT/suspension clunk owners. I think there's a HUGE difference between someone who beats the piss out of their car every chance they get, installs every mod possible, blows the engine up (after leaving an 02 sensor unplugged!), and takes everything off to get a new motor under warranty vs. someone who daily drives their vehicle, has a intake/tune, and takes minor mods off to have general warranty work done. For most Foci owners 99% of the warranty work has no correlation with the parts that were added.
Ford can't deny a warranty claim because of mods if the mod had nothing to do with the failure. So if this is as harmless as you claim, why not just leave the mods on when you bring it in for warranty work? Seems easy enough.