suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicedz View Post
I highly doubt dealers are going to be taking every car through this TSA type screening you speak of. Seems more plausible this would be the avenue for cars coming in with blown motors/transmissions.
Many dealers are just itching for a reason to deny warranty work in favor of customer paid work, so I wouldn't put it past a lot of them to try it. For little things like the radio not working they probably wouldn't probe the car's computer that closely, but yes if you have a drivability concern such as those who complained about issues with the DCT but have tuned the car and reflashed it, you can bet they will look closer at it if they catch wind that tuning has been available for this platform as well. Before it was safer since there was no tuning available.

Not saying don't tune, just to be aware of the risks, and that Ford does have ways of telling if the car's been tuned and reflashed to stock if the dealer gets a hint of it they were supposed to send the data to Ford for them to review.