Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Found this: Add "Intelligent access style" and push button start to non titanium.
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 07:24 PM   #1
SilverPony2001
Focus Addict

Fan#: 27073
What I Drive: 2013 SGM Sedan SE

Points 5,627, Level 48
Points: 5,627, Level: 48 Points: 5,627, Level: 48 Points: 5,627, Level: 48
Level Up 39% Completed
Level up: 39% Level up: 39% Level up: 39%
Forum Activity 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
FF Reputation: 8 SilverPony2001 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Found this: Add "Intelligent access style" and push button start to non titanium.

While browsing the net, I found this:

http://www.advancedkeys.com/index.htm

The combo start and intelligent access is only $350. I did browse the install instructions and it looks mostly like installing a remote start/alarm system. One thing odd you do have to do though, is get a keyblank cut, then cut off the key part and stick that into the ignition and set it to accessory. Then disable the accessory wire to the ignition harness, cover the keyhole with a cover they have, and bypass the the keysense. This is so the steering wheel is not locked when trying to drive.

It looks kind of interesting, but seems like some hassle to go through for the install. Just wanted to throw it out there for you people. Check out the manuals and see for yourself. If you DO decided to try out this system, please post a HOW TO

EDIT: I forgot this part. The FOB it comes with allows you to remote start your car as well. So if someone is looking at a remote starter, this is pretty close to the same price for a factory one.