Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 SEL 5 Speed VS 2013 SE DCT
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 02:49 PM  
Miller88
Focus Addict

Fan#: 73790
What I Drive: 2011 Focus SE 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 5 Miller88 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
Any manual transmission in a non-sports car is a rarity now in the USA. I am glad i have a manual tranny in my 2012 Focus.
I live in the Milwaukee metro area of 1.5 million, with over two dozen Ford dealers.. And when i was looking for a new Focus with manual tranny, not one to be had anywhere in the local area.(excepta few base sedans in silver or black)
To find ONE with the features i wanted I had to do a search for a 100 mile radius (including the nearby Chicago metro area to my South) .. How many Show up??? (all i searched was manual, yellow, sport package) My baby had the black painted 17's and moonroof added in.
ONE! Only one showed up at all.. and that was the other way.. up north in a little town 60 miles away.
I contacted them and bought the car the same day.
Still have not seen another one with the features i have almost two years later.
I blame the dealers for refusing to preorder 'unusual' cars for fear they will not fly out the dealership doors.
Anyway I love my manual tranny Focus.

When I got my 2011 manual, I had to have it trucked in out of state!