Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 SEL 5 Speed VS 2013 SE DCT
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 12:04 PM   #1
1Focus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 112188
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL - Standard!

FF Reputation: 1 1Focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2012 SEL 5 Speed VS 2013 SE DCT

Hi guys,

So I have a 2012 SEL 5 speed which I absolutely love, which is now at the body shop for paint on the bumper and fender because of some jerk making a left turn in front of me.

I did get a 2013 SE DCT rental, and was pretty excited to test it. I had read so many problems with the DCT on here, I was looking to try it out myself. This rental has about 30,000 km on it, and the DCT made no grinding or any noises of sorts. I did find it a bit fumbly though, but hard throtte imputs were very much loved. :P

I have to say that I have been driving manual cars for 10 years now, so definitely not of fan of auto's. I did not find the DCT to be that bad though, everything worked just fine. I do miss my 5 speed though.

I find the sound my engine makes is much nicer, not sure if the transmission affects this, but mine definitely growls so nicely, it's almost an aural orgasm! :D haha

Other than that, handling on my SEL is better due to sport suspension and 17 inch rims. And I really like MFT more than the base model! MFT has been basically flawless for me...Missing my leather seats and steering wheel too....

It is nice to compare though! I noticed many improvements over the trim levels...