Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - FX's "Red Headed Step-child" Build Thread (56k Go and re-evaluate your life!!)
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #83
djwrg04
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 78546
What I Drive: 2000 Sangria/Torreador Red SE

FF Reputation: 3 djwrg04 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Been working pretty hard on the car this past week as I've finally got my motivation back!!

So far, I've painted and cleaned nearly all of the brake parts for my SVT brake conversion except for the passenger rear while I wait for the $$ to get mopre paint.

As it stands, all I need to start putting the SVT Brakes on are 2005 Front Knuckles and brake pads all around.

I've got about a week and 5 days before FocusFest so I should have all the time I need (seeing as nobody on the face of the planet wants to hire me... )

I painted the front and rear SVT calipers with a two tone scheme to try and switch things up and make them look more like professionally painted performance brakes. I went with Red VHT Caliper paint for the actual caliper itself and Rustoleum High Temp Satin Black for the Carriage(the thing that slides with the pads).

Overall I spent roughly 6 Hours De-greasing/cleaning the Front Calipers with a wire brush and this cheap industrial de-greaser called "Purple-Power" from AutoZone. I did the same Paint scheme to the rear brakes and refinished the rotor shields in Satin Black along with the hub/spindle assembly.

The rear rotors were pretty rusty but I'm stuck with using them until I work up some more money. I de-greased/ wire brushed the middle of the rotors on both sides and painted them Satin Black to keep them looking pretty. I figured that I'd save my masking tape seeing as once they're on the car driving would take care of the excess over-spray and leftover rust.

And now.... Pictures!!!
(sorry for the lame quality, been too lazy to use my Canon lol)

Front SVT Calipers, Pre-paint

Front SVT Calipers, Post-paint

Russel "Speed-Bleeders"

Right Rear Brake, Pre-Paint

Right Rear Brake Shield, Pre- Paint

Right Rear Parts, Post-paint

That's about all I've got for now, Hopefully I'll get the time to throw up another update with the rest of the work before FocusFest.
Sedan Revolution #231 || FocusXtreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbridledCarnage View Post
im not paying 124 a night. period. lol bring a gun and bunker down!