Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - can I get a low-tech ST
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #6
NYFocusST
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 116151
What I Drive: 2013 PB Focus ST

Points 16, Level 1
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Level Up 31% Completed
Level up: 31% Level up: 31% Level up: 31%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 NYFocusST Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
turbodt I can't tell you about winter driving because I just bought my ST in April. I did just buy some barely used Michelin snow tires. I'm coming from a 4wd truck and my wife had a AWD vehicle as well. But from what I have read on the ST forums is the ST does very well in the snow as long as you have really good snow tires. The ST seems to be on a very reliable platform. None of the techology is new. They have been using the 2.0l ecoboost motor in Europe for a couple years now. Just like the Sync program and such. The ST is new to America but not new to the world market. I'm a true blue Ford guy so I was a bit bias'd in my decision to buy a ST over a Mazda or the GTI. I haven't had any problems what so ever so far. But I only have about 3600 miles so far. I did own a 2005 Focus ST brand new and had 50k trouble free miles with that car before I traded it. As far as the transmission goes mine shifts like butter no problems there. I did just recently install the Steeda short throw shifter bracket and I love the short throws but there is some extra effort to put the car into each gear now. I guess there are always trade offs. I'm getting use to the extra effort into shifting now. Oh yeah and the most important part. The fun to drive ratio in this car is very high. Actually the 05 Focus ZX4 ST I owned was a really fun car to drive and it wasn't turbo charged. The ST has raised the fun factor to a whole new level. I look for reasons to drive my car all the time now. Having enough money to put 93 octane gas into the tank is my biggest problem now. LOL