Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Adding a New Set of Horns on my 06 ZX5 - Questions!
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #1
Truemac
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 116194
What I Drive: 2006 Silver ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 Truemac Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Adding a New Set of Horns on my 06 ZX5 - Questions!

Hello, everyone!

I've lurked amongst this forum in the past, but this is my first thread I'm posting.

I've gotten tired of the measly single-tone horn that comes stock with my Focus. I had thought about squeezing in an airhorn setup similar to the ones used on tractor-trailers, but there really isn't a lot of room to do that, and the horn/compressor/tank setup is a bit out of my price range.

Someone suggested an alternative would be to purchase a set of those 4-tone horns used on old Cadillacs up 'til the early 90's. I found a set on ebay and they should be arriving in the mail soon.

Originally, I was just going to have the caddy horns replace the stock one, but now I kind of want to try being creative with the assembly. I want to rig the caddy horns on their own separate relay, and then for the horn solenoid I want to have it set up on a lanyard pull like the big rigs have it.

(Sorry if that doesn't make too much sense. I'm still trying to learn my way around the forum lingo.)

I guess my question is this: How difficult is it to rig another set of horns on their own relay? Do you guys have any wiring suggestions?