Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - iPod / iPhone Adapter
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 08:10 AM   #13
astew151
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 115925
What I Drive: 2005 Red Ford Focus ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 1 astew151 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My cousin was able to find the adapter i wanted, FRD04-POD, online for $65 so i decided that would be my cheapest option, plus i wanted to keep the factory radio installed. So i hooked up the whole thing and everything worked except it would not play through my speakers. I was able to see the song and artist on the radio and control it through the radio. I would upload pictures but it seems i can only upload via a web address and not from saved images. I think i know what the problem is. On the factory radio in the back there is a port for the 32 pin cable and the 16 pin cable. When i took the radio out i noticed that there was no 16pin cable in the radio and my car didnt have a wire for it, there was onyl the 32 pin cable. When i was reading the insturctions to put in the adapter it seems as if the 16 pin cable was optional. However when i unplugged the 16 pin cable from the back of the radio i lost the functionality of the Ipod so it looks like i need it. Has anyone lese run into this and if so how do i fix it? Thanks guys.