Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - The factory radio finally died
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 05:51 AM   #9
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Eh.... I've had a good Jensen before. Back in the day when MP3 CD players were a new thing only 2 companies made units with 10 buttons on the face and direct track access (without scrolling through everything). One was Alpine, the other was Jensen. That's something I'll miss with the JVC as they only give you skip options not direct access. I'm sort of used to that with the Ford factory unit though, and I'll just have to make folders on USB sticks.

Pioneer only has one USB input. I've had good luck with Pioneer HUs before, and I prefer their amplifiers and subs.

Anyway, if I had to choose between the Jensen and the rather expensive Kenwood I put in the following vehicle- I'd have gotten another Jensen. It had ESP, and never skipped. The Kenwood would skip, and no direct track access. Jensen still offers direct track access, however there are other things that I didn't care about for that install- like decent RCA outs- which are leaning me towards other units. I am disappointed that the JVC doesn't allow direct track access on the remote like some others do. I'm really disappointed in the whole industry that direct track access is a PITA to find! Who wants to FF through everything like it's a freaking cassette deck? Even 8-tracks could skip immediately to a song!

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.