Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 04:56 AM   #1926
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95399
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmers View Post
I need some guidance, I have been frustrated since day 1 with my focus. I was originally told my transmission would "break in". Well now I am being told its chronic. It is at the dealer now and I was told they can replace the clutch but the part is backordered for weeks! Plus they said it will fail again and it wont fix all the issues. I am worried my car isn't safe, it feels like its going to stall, I have almost been rear ended due to it not shifting. I do outside sales and drive all day! My son doesnt feel safe in it. What have others done?
There is a ford rep named Eric at the facebook ford focus page who has helped many other oners get their cases escalated when the dealer gave them the run=around like you are getting.
This transmission has been in use by VW Audi for many years and can now be found in many brands worldwide up to Ferrari and Nissan GT-R.
The problem, imo, if the dealers all have been sent a memo telling them that many of your problems are normal. In truth, ask any vw GTI owner or audi, is that anythng more than a mild shudder on low speed shifts is NOT normal.
If the hundreds of posts here are not enough, you can see over a hundred more at http://www.lemonlaw.com/wordpress/fo...ssion-problem/

My Focus had all these problems and couple reprogrammings BUT nothing really got better until I hit 13,000 miles when they all went away, why I don't know.

But ask yourself, if the problems are all "normal", how could they go away.

This is a great transmission in the VW GTI or Audi, but to get it right in your Focus you'll need to follow thru and not take no for an answer.

If you goto the Ford focus facebook page you will see more people with the same problem.