RFrench6646
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101073
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Sonic Blue, Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 RFrench6646 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmers View Post
I need some guidance, I have been frustrated since day 1 with my focus. I was originally told my transmission would "break in". Well now I am being told its chronic. It is at the dealer now and I was told they can replace the clutch but the part is backordered for weeks! Plus they said it will fail again and it wont fix all the issues. I am worried my car isn't safe, it feels like its going to stall, I have almost been rear ended due to it not shifting. I do outside sales and drive all day! My son doesnt feel safe in it. What have others done?
I haven't had to have any work done to mine, and I have 1 year, 25,000 miles on it. I am starting to believe that many of those who have been having issues, (Not all, just some) are driving more in town, and not enough highway. I have a 65 mile commute to work, and it's mostly interstate. My dealer & I agree, that this has probably helped in breaking in, and settling in the clutches.
I still pay very close attention to how it shifts, listen out for noises etc. Every once in a while I do catch it "hunting" if I'm not giving it enuff gas. Other than that it's a fine drive. So I would recommend that when you get it back, and do the "adaptive driving technique" all over again, make an effort to highway mileage some just to even things out.

Hope you get things resolved soon!