Focus Addict

Fan#: 101658
What I Drive: 2014 SGM SE Sport Pkg Sedan 5sp-man

FF Reputation: 9 Arco-Zakus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
How do you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubeway Army View Post
... I was at my dealer yesterday, they had a boat load of Focus and Fiestas on the lot that I was told are not moving too well. Salesperson said, a lot more people are mentioning the DCT and stating they read a lot of negatives about it. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
The sales numbers don't reflect that. In April the Focus, Corolla, Elantra and Cruze sales were all within a stones throw of each other. Only the Civic was significantly higher.
... I sure appreciate my Focus, flaws and all, after driving those two dogs.
How do you know that the Focus sales numbers do not reflect any damage done by the DCT's reputation? You are comparing its sales numbers to those for other brands, rather than to what its sales would have been without the DCT problems. That is a number we will only know if and when they are fixed and the news gets out. We could then see Focus go much higher, at the expense of the "dogs" in the group. (The new Corolla could distort the results, though.)

The significantly higher Civic sales are probably because Honda listened to all the bad reviews of the 2012 model and addressed all of the complaints with a makeover for 2013, which was much sooner than normally would be expected. (I haven't compared 2012 and 2013 numbers to confirm that suspicion, though, so I could be wrong on that.) Ford should be paying attention to what Honda did. I wouldn't buy a Focus with a DCT until I see proof of it being fixed for real. With the improvements Honda made in the Civic for 2013, it might be more likely to win me over from the 2014 Focus I'd like to buy. (I hope not, though. The CiviD still looks unattractive to me next to a Focus.)