Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Seriously thinking about the ST
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #20
Rockazona
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 115643
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 Rockazona Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
C'mon. If you want easy then go with the automatic. I owned two 5.0 Mustangs. One had an automatic and the other a shift. I did a lot of work to power train on the automatic to make it more responsive, so it would ride like a standard shift. I had a shift kit and a 4.10 in rear end of that car. The 5.0 with the stick shift had a shudder. I think it's inherent with most cars that have a shift and transfer all the power to a live rear axle. I wouldn't want an ST with an automatic. What I like most about the ST is the power, torque and the ability to launch it in second gear. All the power is up front. It's very responsive and smooth with no shudder. A week ago I was behind a Cobra Mustang at a light. He took off close to full blast and I was right on his bumper. One thing I don't like is the torque steer with this car when you're getting on it. It depends on surface conditions but you better be holding the steering wheel tight.